Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Hello!

Hello, my name is Jacob McGill and this will be my blog for my Senior Research Project.  My project will study the roles and methods of nonprofits, specifically in helping low income communities. I will be interning with Dysart Community Center, a small nonprofit located in El Mirage.  I will shadow the employees of Dysart Community Center, as well as participate in some of the services they offer, such as GED tutoring.  I will also design and administer a survey for the people who use the services of Dysart Community Center.  This survey will hopefully allow me and Dysart Community Center to gain a better understanding of the demographics of the community they serve as well as what that community thinks of them. Outside of the survey, I will also study the relationship between Dysart Community Center and other nonprofits and the government(local, state, and federal), as well as how Dysart Community Center obtains its funding, such as through grants and fundraising.
I will update this blog regularly to document my experience at Dysart Community Center, along with any updates on my research.  I hope that it will be fascinating experience and I a, excited to see what the next couple of month hold for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment